Welcome to the upcoming "Living Gratefully" spiritual growth program!
What moments will you savor and embrace?
Ultimately, living gratefully is about more than simply appreciating what you have; it’s about delighting in the opportunity to give to others. True gratitude ignites compassion. When we understand that the ultimate goal of providence is happiness and unity with God, we realize that this kind of love wants to be shared. Living gratefully increases our awareness of the beauty and blessings that are constantly unfolding around us, and thus inspires us to share those blessings with others.
Inspired by Swedenborg’s book Divine Providence, Living Gratefully is a seven week small group program that explores the concept of providence through a lens of gratitude for God’s constant, loving presence in our lives. World-wide coordinated launch is February 7th, 2016.
Read an overview of each week of the program. Each of the seven weeks explores a different gift that God provides all His children:
- Gratitude and happiness (introduction week)
- The gift of freedom
- The gift of change
- The gift of love
- The gift of inspiration
- The gift of uncertainty
- Wrap-up week
Elements of the program
As with all of the Journey Programs, you can use the materials in a variety of ways:
- Read the materials, using either the workbook, or by subscribing to receive the daily emails.
- Meet in a small group to study, discuss, and learn from each other.
- Run the program for a congregation, using all the elements below.
Daily Bible study is a wonderful and enriching way to ground your spiritual growth work. The workbook provides ideas for daily reading from scripture, reflections from individuals, and concrete ideas for incorporating gratitude into life.
- Order your Living Gratefully workbook (available in paperback, eBook, or email subscription).
- Participate with your significant other or in a couple’s group with this Couple’s Companion (Coming Soon!)
A small group is a gathering of people who commit to meet on a weekly basis to explore their faith and support each other in applying that faith to life. Small groups usually include prayer, a time for checking in, and discussions or related activities.
- Find out about small group opportunities in your area by asking your pastor or contacting the pastor of a local participating congregation.
- Start your own! It’s easy with the step-by-step Living Gratefully workbook, which includes instructions for small group leaders and participants alike.
Each week, the worship service and Sunday School sessions will focus on one topic of Living Gratefully program.
- Attend worship on Sunday at one of the participating locations.
- Help inspire children to make space in their lives for God with lessons from the Youth and Sunday School Program.
- Promote the program in your local area with promotional materials. (Coming Soon!)
Are you a pastor, program director, or small group leader? Visit our New Church Journey leaders page for leader information and resources.
Questions? Contact us by email at NewChurc[email protected] .
This website contains a wealth of information about the New Church, and a practical, spiritual path to happiness. Read more about the beliefs of the New Church, as well as more about Emanuel Swedenborg.