Have you lost direction in your life? Need to re-center yourself? Would you like to work towards becoming a more spiritually evolved human being?
One of the most courageous things we can do in life is look within, discipline our mind, and strengthen our connection with the Lord so that we can serve others.
Living Courageously is a seven (7) week program designed to assist you in applying God's teachings to your everyday life. Living Courageously explores the Elijah story of the Old Testament, an ancient tale of heroism and adventure. Again and again, Elijah stands against evil when his downfall seems certain – and yet again and again, the Lord pulls him through and helps him re-establish the worship of Jehovah in Israel. Elijah’s story is our own. His strengths are ours, and so are his weaknesses. Each time the Lord gives Elijah a miracle, it tells of a miracle He performs in our lives, allowing us to turn from selfishness and find the courage to transform our spiritual lives and prepare for heaven.
You may use this program either with your group, your friends, or individually, to discover new spiritual insights about your life which will help you feel closer to the Lord.
Sign up to participate by receiving daily emails with inspiration, explanation, reflections, and tasks.
This seven week program explores Biblical answers to a new topic each week:
- Week 1: Becoming aware: identify your motives
- Week 2: Serving God first: practice genuine kindness
- Week 3: Finding new truth: seek inspiration – pray
- Week 4: Making a choice: determine your higher purpose and live it with passion
- Week 5: Finding courage: listen for the still, small voice
- Week 6: Convicted by conscience: flex your spiritual muscle
- Week 7: Living courageously: go forward living courageously with strength and purpose
The New Church teaches that each story of the Bible contains an inner, symbolic meaning that mirrors our every struggle and every triumph. This inner meaning was given in the 18th century through Emanuel Swedenborg and is taught in New Church congregations around the world. This is an opportunity to make positive change in your life. When you focus on your personal and spiritual growth, the impact is greater than your efforts because the Lord is working with you. You will see changes not only in yourself, but also in your relationships with friends, spouse, family, co-workers, etc.
Our websites contain a wealth of information about the New Church, and a practical, spiritual path to happiness. Read more about us at our main website (www.newchurch.org).
Elements of the program
As with all of the Journey programs, you can use the materials in a variety of ways:
- Read the materials, using either the workbook, or by subscribing to receive the daily emails.
- Or meet in a small group to study, discuss, and learn from each other.
- For larger groups, you might run the program for a congregation. We'd be happy to help with that.