Each of us has the potential to progress from spiritual darkness and ignorance toward a state that is more awake, present, vibrant, loving, and peaceful. Seven Practices of Peace will walk you through each of the seven days of creation, offering inspiration and suggestions for practicing peace, a little every day.
Seven Practices of Peace is a seven (7) week program drawing from the Biblical story of the days of creation. The days of creation progress from the first glimpse of light, all the way to a state of vibrant life, and finally rest, offering a metaphor for our inner "creation." This program is designed to use either on your own or with a group.
Sign up to participate by receiving daily emails with inspiration, explanation, reflections, and tasks.
Each of the seven weeks of the program explores a different day of creation:
Elements of the program
As with all of the Journey programs, you can use the materials in a variety of ways:
- Read the materials, using either the workbook, or by subscribing to receive the daily emails.
- Meet in a small group to study, discuss, and learn from each other.
- Run the program for a congregation, using all the elements below.
Daily Bible study is a wonderful and enriching way to ground your spiritual growth work. The workbook provides ideas for daily reading from scripture, along with suggestions for bringing these ideas into life.
- Sign up for daily emails.
- Order a Seven Practices of Peace workbook (available in paperback, eBook, or email subscription).
- Participate as a couple with this "Practicing a peaceful partnership" companion.
A small group is a gathering of people who commit to meet on a weekly basis to explore their faith and support each other in applying that faith to life. Small groups usually include prayer, a time for checking in, and discussions or related activities.
- Start your own! It’s easy with the step-by-step Seven Practices of Peace leader's edition workbook.
Each week, materials are available for a worship service and Sunday School sessions to focus on one topic of Seven Practices of Peace program.
- Participate online by listening to or watching weekly sermons preached on Seven Practices of Peace from all around the world.
- Read the accompanying sermon series.
- Help inspire children to make space in their lives for God with the Creation: Reflection of God lessons from the youth and Sunday School program.
- Promote the program in your local area with promotional materials.