We know love is important. We understand at a fundamental level that we should treat each other with kindness and respect. But how we show this love is not always clear. Certainly there are many people around us who have needs, but how do we know where to put our efforts?
What Would Love Do? is a seven (7) week program that explores the biblical parable of Matthew 25, wherein Jesus speaks of the hungry, the thirsty, the stranger, the naked, the sick and the imprisoned. Jesus says that whenever we help others in these conditions, we help God. Join us as we practice serving the neighbor on both a physical and spiritual level in these 6 ways.
You may use this program either with your group, your friends, or individually, to discover new spiritual insights about your life which will help you feel closer to the Lord.
Sign up to participate by receiving daily emails with inspiration, explanation, reflections, and tasks.
Read an overview of each week of the program. Each of the seven weeks explores a different fundamental human need Jesus tells us to serve:
- Love Serves (Hungry)
- Love Brings Truth (Thirsty)
- Love Welcomes (Stranger)
- Love Comforts (Naked)
- Love Visits (Sick)
- Love is Present (Imprisoned)
- Love Rejoices (Wrap-up Week)
Elements of the program
As with all of the Journey Programs, you can use the materials in a variety of ways:
- Read the materials, using either the workbook, or by subscribing to receive the daily emails.
- Meet in a small group to study, discuss, and learn from each other.
- Run the program for a congregation, using all the elements below.
Daily Bible study is a wonderful and enriching way to ground your spiritual growth work. The workbook provides ideas for daily reading from scripture, reflections from, and concrete ideas for incorporating service into life.
- Subscribe for daily emails to receive the workbook content.
- Order your What Would Love Do? workbook (available in paperback, eBook, or email subscription).
A small group is a gathering of people who commit to meet on a weekly basis to explore their faith and support each other in applying that faith to life. Small groups usually include prayer, a time for checking in, and discussions or related activities.
- Start your own! It’s easy with the step-by-step What Would Love Do? Leader's Edition workbook.
Each week, materials are available for a worship service and Sunday School sessions to focus on one topic of What Would Love Do? program.
- Participate online by listening to, or watching weekly sermons preached on What Would Love Do? from all around the world.
- Help inspire children to make space in their lives for God with the Hands of Love: Inherit the Kingdom lessons from the Youth and Sunday School Program.
- Promote the program in your local area with promotional materials.