This program is a seven (7) week journey drawing from the Biblical story of the Sermon on the Mount, and explores how you can apply the story to your life.
The New Church teaches that each story of the Bible contains an inner, symbolic meaning that mirrors our every struggle and every triumph. This is an opportunity to make positive change in your life. When you focus on your personal and spiritual growth, the impact is greater than your efforts because the Lord is working with you. You will see changes not only in yourself, but also in your relationships with friends, spouse, family, co-workers, etc.
Sign up to participate by receiving daily emails with inspiration, explanation, reflections, and tasks.
- Week 1: Notice the blessings
- Week 2: Observe your intentions
- Week 3: Connect with God
- Week 4: Choose wisely
- Week 5: Forgive
- Week 6: Share your gifts
- Week 7: Conclusion
Elements of the program
As with all of the Journey programs, you can use the materials in a variety of ways:
- Read the materials, using either the workbook, or by subscribing to receive the daily emails.
- Meet in a small group to study, discuss, and learn from each other.
- Run the program for a congregation, using all the elements below.
Daily Bible study is a wonderful and enriching way to ground your spiritual growth work. The workbook provides ideas for daily reading from scripture, along with suggestions for bringing these ideas into life.
- Sign up for daily emails.
- Order a Building Healthy Relationships workbook (available in paperback, eBook, or email subscription).
A small group is a gathering of people who commit to meet on a weekly basis to explore their faith and support each other in applying that faith to life. Small groups usually include prayer, a time for checking in, and discussions or related activities.
- Start your own! It’s easy with the step-by-step Building Healthy Relationships leader's edition workbook.