Whether it’s relationship issues, financial concerns, bad habits, we all struggle. And fortunately, we all have the God-given power to shift our focus, our perspective and our priorities, which can lead to exciting life changes. But why do this alone?
Shift is a seven-week spiritual growth program in which participants learn about themselves, about God, and about how to make shifts in their lives. The program draws on the Jacob story from the Old Testament. Here is your chance to offer your struggles before the Lord, and watch them turn to blessings.
You may use this program either individually, or with your group or friends, to discover new spiritual insights about your life which will help you feel closer to the Lord.
This seven week program explores Biblical answers to a new topic each week:
- A shift of awareness: Notice the conflicts
- A shift of perspective: Remember the Lord is here, now
- A shift of focus: Keep in mind who you want to be
- A shift of expectations: Have patience with the process
- A shift of motivation: Recognize when it's time to make a change
- A shift of confidence: Hold on through the wrestling
- A shift of heart: Show your love
A small group is a gathering of people who commit to meet on a weekly basis to explore their faith and support each other in applying that faith to life. Small groups usually include prayer, a time for checking in, and discussions or related activities.
- Start your own! It’s easy with the step-by-step Small Group Leaders Guide, and enriching Participant Activity Pages located in each Shift workbook.
Are you a pastor, program director, or small group leader? Visit our New Church Journey leaders page for leader information and resources.
Questions? Contact us by email at [email protected].
This website contains a wealth of information about the New Church, and a practical, spiritual path to happiness. Read more about the beliefs of the New Church, as well as more about Emanuel Swedenborg.