What kind of person do you want to be? Explore the story of Joseph, and learn to live in integrity with your higher calling.
At times, we all find ourselves wandering off the path of integrity. We know this because we feel stuck, or have a hard time hearing our inner voice. We may obsess about outward things like the shape of our bodies, or the items we possess. We may laugh when we mean to cry, say yes when we mean no, refuse to look at our mistakes, or give "love" with lots of strings attached. So how do we step back on track? How do we become empowered, joyful and clear of purpose?
Path of Integrity is a seven (7) week program designed to assist you in applying God's teachings to your everyday life. In Path of Integrity, explore the Bible story of Joseph and his brothers, and discover the meaning it has for you on your own journey. The story of Joseph reminds us that even when our dreams have been thrown in a pit, that those dreams can be revived, and can show us the way to our own path of integrity.
You may use this program either with your group, your friends, or individually, to discover new spiritual insights about your life which will help you feel closer to the Lord.
Sign up here to participate by receiving daily emails with inspiration, explanation, reflections, and tasks.
Each of the seven weeks of the program explores a different step in changing our aspirations from dreams to reality:
- Listen to your dream
- Drop the distractions
- Create positive experiences
- Ask for help
- Take responsibility
- Have compassion
- Celebrate the blessings
Elements of the program
As with all of the Journey programs, you can use the materials in a variety of ways:
- Read the materials, using either the workbook, or by subscribing to receive the daily emails.
- Meet in a small group to study, discuss, and learn from each other.
- Run the program for a congregation, using all the elements below.
Daily Bible study is a wonderful and enriching way to ground your spiritual growth work. The workbook provides ideas for daily reading from scripture, along with suggestions for bringing these ideas into life.
A small group is a gathering of people who commit to meet on a weekly basis to explore their faith and support each other in applying that faith to life. Small groups usually include prayer, a time for checking in, and discussions or related activities.
- Start your own! It’s easy with the step-by-step Path of Integrity Small Group Leaders Guide, and enriching Participant Activity Pages located in each the Path of Integrity workbook.
Each week, worship service and Sunday School sessions focus on one topic of the Path of Integrity program.
- Participate online by listening to, watching, or reading weekly sermons preached on "The Path of Integrity" from all around the world.
- Help inspire children to make space in their lives for God with lessons from the Joseph: a Man of Integrity Youth and Sunday School Program.
- Use these "A Marriage of Integrity" marriage-focused worksheets together with your spouse or in a couple's small group.
Our websites contain a wealth of information about the New Church, and a practical, spiritual path to happiness. Read more about us at our main website (www.newchurch.org).